Rosehip Seed Oil and its wonderful Properties;
I have created this information as so many of you lovely customers are enjoying using Natural Pampering's “Balancing Facial Oil” so much and want to know more about why it is improving your skin.
It will also help those who are interested in natural skincare or to those looking for some extra skin nourishment.
Most RoseHip seed oil is produced in Chile and Argentina, it is extracted from the seed within the fruit of the wild thorny rose bush.
It's a superb moisturiser (for routine daily skin care) lightly massaged into the skin it penetrates the skin's upper layers. It supports the keratin migration cycle (which is responsible for the natural regeneration of skin cells). Which means that the cells produce more collagen & elastin, making the skin look smoother, firmer and suppler. Skin regeneration is the natural process of removing old skin and cleaning hair follicles (giving a cleaner youthful appearance).
Rosehip seed oil is known as an effective skin and beauty care agent, with great interest surrounding its scientifically-validated beauty-enhancing effects. The oil has been heralded as a miracle cure for skin, useful in treating a wide range of conditions.It's known as a 'dry' moisturiser, does not leave the skin feeling greasy or oily.
Rosehip (Rosa Mosqueta) is reputed to be a “wonder oil” containing;
- High levels of essential fatty unsaturated acids (known as vitamin F) including oleic (15-20%), linoleic (44-50%) and linolenic (30-35%). They are named “essential” because our body is not able to reproduce them (these are necessary for healthy skin).
- Omega 3 (Linolenic acid)
- Omega 6 (Linolenic acid)
- Vitamin A (natural retinol acid).
- Rose hips are an important source of vitamin C, with even higher contents than citrus fruit.
- Have anti-inflammatory properties
Rosehip Seed Oil (the oil not necessarily my facial oil) may help with:
- Dermatitis ( including burning skin and dermatitis caused by radiotherapy)
- Dry skin
- Sun burn/ sun damage
- Hyperpigmented skin
- Premature aging
- Age spots
- Brittle nails
- Reducing appearance of wrinkles/ageing
- Scars (from acne, burns, and surgery)
- Stretch marks
- Flaking areas of hair & Scalp (a mild pH of around 5.1 makes it ideal for direct application to the hair, scalp and skin.
Natural Pampering’s Balancing Facial Oil”
- The main ingredient is Rose Hip Seed Oil then I have added both;
- Geranium essential oil - which is cooling & moistening oil, balances sebum secretion, is antiseptic & an anti-inflammatory. Calming on our nervous system, uplifting & strengthens your mood.
Ylang Ylang essential oil. Which has a calming & sedating effect on you mood and gives a sense of relaxation & well-being. It works wonders on many skin types.
The scent is delicate and very feminine.
-Gently massage (a tiny amount approximately 1-2 pumps) into face and neck with your fingers, this will help the oil to penetrate more deeply. Apply once- twice a day, if applied overnight the light oil will allow your skin to breathe and work its “magic”. It can be used as a base under your make up too. This comes in a 30ml pump bottle and is £8.50.
So, whether using rosehip seed oil for healing your skin, or simply giving it a little nourishment, you will hopefully be very happy with the results.
Enjoy your Natural Pampering :-)